Our Attorneys are Effective Leaders in Courtroom Litigation
At The Swafford Law Firm, we believe that the practice of law is about identifying and meeting client needs. Unwavering dedication to generating exceptional results is reflected in the continued satisfaction of our clients.
• Case Western Reserve University – J.D. 1995, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review
• University of Tennessee – B.A. 1992, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations & Memberships:
• American Bar Association
• Tennessee Bar Association
• Nashville Bar Association
• Transportation Lawyers Association
• Former Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals Judicial Clerk
• Williamson County Bar Association
• AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
• “Best Lawyers in America”: Commercial Litigation and Litigation: Labor and Employment
• Recognized as a “Mid-South Rising Star”
• Nashville’s Best Lawyers – Commercial Litigation
• Best of the Bar Award – Small Firm Division
• Recognized as a Super Lawyer for Commercial Litigation
Ms. Swafford has been a litigator for 25 years in Tennessee and is experienced in bench and jury trials, arbitrations, and mediations. She has represented some of the biggest companies in the state including HCA Inc., Nissan of North America, Dollar General and Corrections Corporation of America. She practiced nearly 10 years with Bass, Berry and Sims, PLC, in Nashville, Tennessee where she was a partner in the litigation department and a practice leader for the Firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology Group.
She opened The Swafford Law Firm on June 15, 2009 and has enjoyed working with the fascinating clients she has the pleasure of representing.
Ms. Swafford and her husband have three sons and who are involved in many activities with church and school. Ms. Swafford is a Board Member of AGAPE and President of her neighborhood’s home owner’s association.
• University of Kentucky – J.D., 2011
• University of Kentucky – B.A., 2008, Political Science
Ms. Hart is an established attorney with the Swafford Law Firm and handles all types of litigation matters. She earned her undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Kentucky and was admitted to the Tennessee Bar in 2011.
In her spare time, Ms. Hart enjoys spending time with her husband, Brad and daughter, Ellie, as well as running and cooking.